[For news on NWT Mint, see http://about.ag/NWTMint.htm]
[For research on bullion dealers, see http://BullionDealerData.com]

Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #1 
I debated about whether to post this or not, but felt it was important to.

On Friday, the Austin American-Statesman reported about a company David Maxwell Gold Advisors LLC located in Cedar Park, TX (a major suburb of Austin, where Bullion Direct is located). A customer wired $9,705 to buy a monster box of silver American Eagles in October, 2016, and in December after not receiving any coins demanded a refund, which he never got.

Police arrested the owner, who was charged with theft (a state jail felony punishable by up to two years in jail). and was jailed until he was able to post bond.

It boggles the mind that the operator of a company can be arrested within about 5 months for not fulfilling one order under $10,000 from a single customer, while the operator of another company can go 2 years without being arrested for operating a nearly identical fraudulent scheme taking $24M from 7,510 customers.

gyro

Reply with quote  #2 
^ Lol, uh WTH is there to debate???

Not only did he embezzle millions from customers, he also bilked the IRS for years...

And after ALL THAT, and getting totally exposed for it 2 years ago...he is still a free man on the loose???

[frown] [confused]

W-T-F is right?!?!?!?!
kkelseven

Reply with quote  #3 
Hello JG;
I'm happy to see that you are still in the fight.
I believe that what you have noticed here is the "Trump Effect ". What I have personally witnessed on the ground in Cedar Park and many places throughout Texas is a 3 to 5 fold increase in Police presence. Enforcement has been stepped up dramatically in Texas. Before Trump, Police had become as scarce as hens 'teeth; now cop cars roll up 3, 4 and 5 at a time. It would be my guess that the criminal you cited here had the extreme misfortune of finalizing his crimes under Trump's Justice Dept as opposed to O'Bamas'.
I'm expecting a lot more people to go to prison after President Trump gets his FBI pick and Solicitor General confirmed.
"Semper Vigilantes" JG..... (I hope I spelled that right).
gyro

Reply with quote  #4 
^ Well, I also wonder if perhaps the Feds are looking the other way on this case because many "gold bugs" tend to espouse a distrust in the Feds and hold many anti-Big Gov views.

So, they may be politically-motivated to let such dissidents get hung out to dry...
[lost-lois-lerner-emails] 
I mean, the IRS was recently accused of targeting conservative groups, while the FBI proclaimed them innocent.  So, their enforcement has already been suspected to be politically-motivated at times.
bull123

Reply with quote  #5 
Why would you debate posting this?

Don't you think every single person seeing your site is thinking the exact same thing?

It's mind-boggling amazing that the alleged $24 million fiasco goes without even a slap on the wrist.

of course non of my comments apply to the Mom, who is clearly an angel sent from heaven to make all right with the world of alleged screwed Bullion Direct clients ...

just my two cents ...
oldAG

Reply with quote  #6 
"alleged screwed Bullion Direct clients"

That's the key we have all been overlooking, it has only been alleged that he screwed a "couple" investors out of a few bucks and we have all been wondering why he isn't setting next to Tulving!!!

God bless his mother for picking up the remnants of this tiny fiasco and making everything A OK for those few that will have to wait a couple extra months to be made whole again.

Right on Momma, you go girl...
Dcscott

Reply with quote  #7 

I blame the American Justice system.. there is truth to the phrase, "you get the justice you can afford.."

the more you steal ( just look at all the CEO's and Banksters that are still free)the less likely you will go to jail, or even face a judge.. 

oldAG

Reply with quote  #8 
White collar crime as they call it seems to go unrewarded in the justice system compared to just about any other crime and that starts at the low end as well as the top, but somehow the higher up you go they make it easier to steal any and everything within one law or another. The Bernie's of this world are far and few between and he probably would have gotten off scott free as well if he had just screwed the average Joe out of a few billion dollars instead of  those in power to get even. Hell, the well to do society so much as tarred and feathered his whole family over what he did. One son even committed suicide and the wife has been shunned by any and everyone she ever knew and she didn't have anything to do with it. Sometimes who you screw can be a good thing, but not in Bernie's case.
Cbrad01

Reply with quote  #9 
I think the key deference in the case is the bankruptcy. CM is able to hide his theft behind the bankruptcy laws whereas the other company didn't file bankruptcy in time.
By filing bankruptcy CM is able to hide the theft as bad choices in the company, not personal theft and the must prove otherwise.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: