Reply with quote  #1 
Catalog order 1 oz gold eagles: Bullion Direct
Order date: Apr 9, 2015
Clear date: Apr 24, 2015
Ship Date: pending (as of Jul 7, 2015)
JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Bullion Direct suspended operations in mid-June, 2015, after many complaints of orders not being shipped.
robertmbeard

Reply with quote  #3 
I have been visiting this helpful forum for several days and finally decided to register.  As far as shipping info, in case anyone finds this useful, I thought I'd include my shipping stats from BDI purchases from 2012 through 2015.  I have always been a catalog-only customer, always selecting immediate shipment and was a satisfied customer until now.  From the time of my online order, through personal check clearance, to final shipment to my door, my BDI shipping stats are as follows:

all purchases from 2012 through Nov. 2014:  average time of 24.1 days, standard deviation of 5.1 days, ranging from 17 to 33 days

Dec. 2014 purchase:  took 53 days from online order, received at door on Feb 2, 2015 (I assumed this was a one-off event due to the holidays...)

final purchase not shipped:  American Buffalo 1 oz gold coins
                                         purchased April 26, 2015
                                         clearance date May 11, 2015
                                         last BDI response to order status inquiry on June 16, 2015 (claiming a 6 week delay was typical)
                                         2nd order status inquiry on July 7, 2015 only received automated response acknowledging receipt of my question
tboll

Reply with quote  #4 
In retrospect, even the 24 day average BEFORE their ultimate demise sounds awful.  When you think about it, in this electronic age, it really doesn't take 10 business days for a check to clear.  All this lag time was added to enable BD to secure some metal AFTER you have placed your order.  I think from here on out I will look for 1 week turnaround time and give them about 5 days to clear my check.  So I'd be looking for 10-14 total turnaround time from a vendor.
robertmbeard

Reply with quote  #5 
tboll:

I agree.  After this experience, I'm not sure I'll ever make another bullion purchase online.  Perhaps I'll go only to local coin dealers from here on out...  Coin in hand or no deal...
dreamer

Reply with quote  #6 
Order Date: April 24th
Clear Date: April 27th
Ship Date: Still Looking
JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer
Order Date: April 24th
Clear Date: April 27th
Ship Date: Still Looking

Was this APMEX or Bullion Direct?

dreamer

Reply with quote  #8 
My order was to Builion Direct. I received answers to my several requests about delivery but I think they  were automated.
dreamer

Reply with quote  #9 
That was supposed to be Bullion. Where did  APMEX come from?
nobody

Reply with quote  #10 
Dreamer - you posted in the APMEX subtopic :-)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.