[For news on NWT Mint, see http://about.ag/NWTMint.htm]
[For research on bullion dealers, see http://BullionDealerData.com]

Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
tim

Reply with quote  #1 
Just saw this published in Austin's local newspaper:

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/crime--law/owner-austin-vanished-cache-gold-and-silver-charged-with-fraud/EoNkMNhv3ypOJrBqBADh1O/
tboll

Reply with quote  #2 
Finally!  Thanks for posting, Tim.
robertmbeard

Reply with quote  #3 
Finally!  I had my doubts that any attempt at justice would ever happen...  Time will tell...
harley_52

Reply with quote  #4 
This is the first good news in a long while.

Are there any civil actions in progress against this fraud named McAllister?
AndyG

Reply with quote  #5 
Here's the press release from the US Attorney's Office for the Western District of Texas:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdtx/pr/austin-businessman-indicted-wire-fraud-scheme

Don't get mad, get even:

Write the US Attorney's office and tell them you are prepared to offer any assistance they need.  Tell them you will show up at proceedings if need be, offer a victim impact statement, submit documentation, in short, help them.

Call or email your Congressman and Senator, especially if you're from Texas. 

Also, having a number of people show interest MAY bump up the priority of the case and bring it to a close quicker.  From the link above:

'No further court dates have been scheduled'

Let's work to get those dates scheduled. 

Send a copy of anything you send to the US Attorney's office to McAllister's lawyer:

James Ardoin III

That may make Charles sh*t his pants. 

napolm

Reply with quote  #6 
There is a God
Dcscott

Reply with quote  #7 

I just got an e-mail from  About.ag  saying the ratbastard was arrested... the good news made my day.

Then I read he was out on bail.  too bad. he needs to rot  in a medieval style stockade in a cold dank dungeon.

Bullion universe isn't producing any profit so we ain't getting S*** from that. 

I will be writing to the above mentioned people.. anything I can do to see  McAllister  pay for his crimes..

there are very few people in this world I can say I hate..McAllister is #1 of those I loathe.

ChevyRacer

Reply with quote  #8 
LOL...yeah, baby! Almost worth the loss. I was dismayed, however, to hear of a "now deceased" Florida physician who lost about $250K to this POS...I hope the cause of death was natural and not McAllister-induced... [mad]
AndyG

Reply with quote  #9 
The link to the US Attorney's Office says he is out on bond.  Does anyone know how much he had to come up with?  I would think he is quite a flight risk.  I am curious if the US Attorney even argued that. 

He got himself quite a high priced lawyer in James M. "Jimmy" Ardoin, III. 

The bond and the lawyer are both paid for by us. 
mindmelter

Reply with quote  #10 
This is great news! I was beginning to think going vigilante was the only way to get some justice.
JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyG
The link to the US Attorney's Office says he is out on bond.  Does anyone know how much he had to come up with?  I would think he is quite a flight risk.  I am curious if the US Attorney even argued that. 

The court documents do not specify the bail (the place where it is normally listed states that it would be determined at the arraignment). If he flees and the bail was only $10,000 or some silly amount for a $24M/$16M crime, it should at the very least cause some extreme embarrassment to someone.

He did not have to turn in his passport. However, he is restricted to Lee County, TX and surrounding counties (except to go to Austin, TX for court hearings). If he gets caught outside there, he's going to be in major trouble.

As far as fleeing, his family is all in the United States, including his children (although I heard a rumor he got separated/divorced after this). He traveled outside the country a number of times in the year or so before filing for bankruptcy, but it is hard to imagine him going to another country and not being found.

JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG
He did not have to turn in his passport. However, he is restricted to Lee County, TX and surrounding counties (except to go to Austin, TX for court hearings). ...

As far as fleeing, his family is all in the United States, including his children (although I heard a rumor he got separated/divorced after this).

I heard from a source that some of this information may be inaccurate.

It turns out that Auburn, AL (where Chad moved to shortly after shutting down Bullion Direct) is in Lee County, AL: so the court documents are likely referring to Lee County, AL rather than Lee County, TX.

As for the passport, the conditions of release do not have the "surrender passport" box checked, but it does fill in the blank as to who the passport should be turned into. So while again it is vague, he may have been required to turn in his passport.

Finally, it seems that he is not divorced. The information I had came from a reference to the name of his wife, which had been hyphenated making it look like she had remarried. However, that is not the case (the hyphenation was used for a different purpose).

napolm

Reply with quote  #13 
Is there anyone claiming a loss on their taxes ,,, I assume bullion universe will get us nothing
JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by napolm
Is there anyone claiming a loss on their taxes ,,, I assume bullion universe will get us nothing

It would be wise to claim the loss on your taxes, although it gets a bit complicated (which method to use, and when).

I have a page at http://about.ag/BullionDirectTax.htm that discusses it. At this point, I think it would be fairly safe to assume a 100% loss (and then if you do get any money, though, it would be taxable).

amcc2018

Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRacer
LOL...yeah, baby! Almost worth the loss. I was dismayed, however, to hear of a "now deceased" Florida physician who lost about $250K to this POS...I hope the cause of death was natural and not McAllister-induced... [mad]

You're referring to my dad, Louis S. McCann Jr. Can you please tell me, where was this information posted?

I assure you it was natural. He was devastated about this fraud, however, he was an intelligent man. He did not let this fraud impact his daily life. He had faith and understood money solves a lot but living in the moment with his family, with us, was the most important thing.

I found this forum today and I am reading through everything. My dad was actually referred to Bullion Direct by a "self directed IRA" fund, which cannot legally refer people to investments. If anyone has ideas for us to pursue, please get in touch. Thank you.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.