[For news on NWT Mint, see http://about.ag/NWTMint.htm]
[For research on bullion dealers, see http://BullionDealerData.com]

Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Fydo

Reply with quote  #1 
I have a set of dies for 10 oz silver bars stored at the Dayton, Nevada facility. What are the chances of getting these returned or being able to drop in and pick them up?
Boss

Reply with quote  #2 
Contact the Trustee - if they are not "missing" or "lost" then they will have to be returned to you.
JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fydo
I have a set of dies for 10 oz silver bars stored at the Dayton, Nevada facility. What are the chances of getting these returned or being able to drop in and pick them up?

Someone just filed a motion with the court to do the same thing, I'm not sure if that was you or someone else.

Getting them back would likely be a matter of proving that they are your property. If they are your property, they should get returned or you should be able to pick them up. However, it sounds like the Trustee (Mark Calvert) is going to need to verify that they are indeed yours, and it may not get a high priority (in other words, it could take some time). There is also the chance that he will choose to try to fight to keep the dies (likely only if he thinks they are NWT property and have value enough to fight to keep them).

Liberty Leaf

Reply with quote  #4 
Fydo, I was the person who filed the Motion to get my dies returned. I had provided the cancelled checks and the receipt from the Mint which clearly stated that my dies were "not shipped to be archivrd at the nwtm facility"  (I had already covered my ass by including the value of my dies in my proof of claim form) The trustee was determined to retain my dies untill the bankruptcy was settled but has become much more agreeable and has filed his own motion to return property as it becomes clear who owns what . A hearing on the matter is scheduled for July 22 to allow other creditors the opportunity to object, which will be a futile gesture. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: