[For research on bullion dealers, see http://BullionDealerData.com]

Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #1 
I just heard this from one of the agencies investigating Bullion Direct:

Should you have contact with other investors/potential victims, it is asked that you have them file a complaint with the federal government through the Internet Crime Complaint Center.  As long as they list Bullion Direct or Charles McAllister by name, those complaints will also be forwarded to the FBI.  I’ve included a link below:    

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

So if you feel it is appropriate, please file a report with them.

nobody

Reply with quote  #2 
Out of curiosity, did they make any specifications for complaints already filed?  IC3 wasn't on my list, but I don't mind forwarding them the same materials
saxster

Reply with quote  #3 
The way I read the notice from Travis DA's Office, if you already filed with them they will: "I will provide the FBI with your contact information and a copy of any complaint that you may have filed with us."

I believe that the Internet Crime Complaint Center is closely linked to FBI.  From the About Us page at http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

About Us

The IC3 was established as a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C) to receive Internet related criminal complaints and to further research, develop, and refer the criminal complaints to federal, state, local, or international law enforcement and/or regulatory agencies for any investigation they deem to be appropriate.

au

Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks JG.  I also filed a complaint with IC3 earlier this week.  Via email I did receive an IC3 complaint ID and password (in case my complaint needs later editing - up to 3 times - none needed though).  -au
harley_52

Reply with quote  #5 
I filed a complaint with IC3 last week as well.
plankton

Reply with quote  #6 
Done
nobody

Reply with quote  #7 
Spent a few minutes perusing the FBI's white collar page and found this lovely gem:

Quote:

• Precious Metals Fraud: These fraud schemes offer investment opportunities in metals commodities such as rare earth, gold, and silver.... Oftentimes in these frauds, the perpetrators create artificial account statements that reflect purported investments when, in reality, no such investments have been made. Instead, the money has been diverted for the perpetrators’ personal use.

shooter magaven

Reply with quote  #8 
Just filed with IC3 also.

Thanks for the link JG.

If everyone here does, it will be hard for the FBI to ignore this crime committed by the POS Charles H McAllister. et al.
tboll

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody
Spent a few minutes perusing the FBI's white collar page and found this lovely gem:

Quote:

• Precious Metals Fraud: These fraud schemes offer investment opportunities in metals commodities such as rare earth, gold, and silver.... Oftentimes in these frauds, the perpetrators create artificial account statements that reflect purported investments when, in reality, no such investments have been made. Instead, the money has been diverted for the perpetrators’ personal use.

Was this the definition of PM fraud or BD?  I'm not a lawyer, or a judge, or a law enforcement officer, but this case really seems like a no-brainer to me.
shooter magaven

Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tboll
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody

Quote:

Was this the definition of PM fraud or BD?  I'm not a lawyer, or a judge, or a law enforcement officer, but this case really seems like a no-brainer to me.

" ...Definition of BD"

[smile]
good one tboll!
JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tboll

It was nice that Mr. Martinec finally said "Former management’s interpretation of the Terms of Service Agreement was at least commercially unreasonable and, as many have alleged, possibly fraudulent."

Pingu

Reply with quote  #12 
I"ll file my complaint tomorrow.  JG, thank you so very much for your tireless effort.  I'm so thankful to have this forum and all of its contributors; I'm not quite ready to share this with the house accountant and chief of finance.  You all have been great, piecing this puzzle together.  I wish I could contribute something, but know absolutely nothing of this realm.  

I do live in Texas, San Antonio, an hour and a half away.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any creative ideas, or if I can be of service to you.  We must explore every possible avenue to reclaim what is ours and bring CM to justice.
nobody

Reply with quote  #13 
Without giving you specific advice, I'd suggest considering attending (or have someone representing you attend) the creditors meeting.

Many of us are out of state, and while we support the creditors goals, aren't necessarily booking our own airfare to central west texas for a 45 minute hearing - if you have the time or resources, I'd encourage you to spend some time researching your situation against some of the information on this forum, and then deciding if you or your own counsel can justify spending the travel time to attend.

mindmelter

Reply with quote  #14 

Does anyone have an opinion on how I should word my complaint?

I initiated a product draw from the Nucleo Exchange on July 20th, before the bankruptcy papers were filed with the court. Obviously, Bullion Direct has no intention to deliver because of the bankruptcy filing. I have a suspicion that a crime has been committed against me. I have made this conclusion because of the information that has been released through the bankruptcy filings. Also from JG and the other forum members excellent research. I understand that anything posted on this forum is not to be taken as legal advice. I am not asking for legal advice. If I need a lawyer, I will hire one. I just need an opinion on how I should word it. I am going to keep the complaint as short as possible. I don't want to clutter it up with unnecessary information. For example, I could say in the complaint that I attempted a 'product draw' and my bullion appears to be missing.

nobody

Reply with quote  #15 
When I was writing mine, it was to the Travis County DA, and as such, I centered it around various causes of action in Texas.

The IC3 should already have some passing awareness of what's going on, so I'd stick to enumerating your facts, asserting the value of your loss and asserting which law or laws you believe were broken by BD/CM.

Keep it easy on emotion, and just tell them why you think it was a crime - they'll follow up with you if they need more (I presume)

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.