[For news on NWT Mint, see http://about.ag/NWTMint.htm]
[For research on bullion dealers, see http://BullionDealerData.com]

Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 14      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next   »
ChevyRacer

Reply with quote  #46 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bull123
Yes, I am sure you are right that it is just a matter of time ... After all they really made the folks responsible for the 2008 financial crisis pay a terrible price ...

Not ...

LOL...I don't know where you live, but people in this country are arrested, indicted and convicted for fraud ALL THE TIME. Probably every day. What makes you think CM will be any different?
bull123

Reply with quote  #47 
we'll see ...

[wink]
TTom

Reply with quote  #48 
So what law enforcement agency(s) do I file for criminal grand theft? [mad]

If they knowing stole money and/or property from us why are they not being arrested and prosecuted for criminal grand theft? Maybe the corporation is protected by bankruptcy because it is considered the 'individual' relative to creditors (Yes, the US Supreme Court ruled corporations are people) but the "decisions and actions" of the human individual that lead to the bankruptcy should be prosecuted a criminal with potential jail time.

[sneaky]
Consider if I decided that I could make a corporation to blame for my criminal activities; I form a corporation, rob a banks vault, when caught claim only the corporation is liable for the assets taken in the robbery; I am not responsible under criminal law because I used the corporation as the responsible "individual" under the law and I am shielded from any criminal prosecution as a result.

I think not!  [nono] If true then every thief in America should file articles of incorporation before robbing a bank, convenience store, or your home!

Seriously though, can I file a grand theft report with law enforcement?  If so how and where?
JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #49 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTom
So what law enforcement agency(s) do I file for criminal grand theft? [mad]

If they knowing stole money and/or property from us why are they not being arrested and prosecuted for criminal grand theft?

Have you ever been to an emergency room and had to wait an hour or two? Perhaps your child has a dangerously high fever, your doctor told you that you must go to the ER -- you're not some joker with a cough trying to save a buck by going to the ER. You've got a real emergency.

What you might not realize is that there was just a car crash, with people who came in who need blood transfusions or they could die within minutes. And the stroke victim who needs medicine immediately that can help minimize the long-term damage of the stroke. And that they know that if you have a high fever, there are other symptoms that you will show before there is a risk of death or other injuries. I'm not a doctor, so don't take this as medical advice. <G>

Just like ER's do not work like they do on TV, arrests do not either. With an armed robbery, there is an immediate chance that people will be injured if the individual is not taken into custody. How much damage can Charles do with a new scheme in the months that the active FBI and other investigations take -- especially while he is being closely watched?

Now if he wants to he could go out and, for example, spend $100,000 on a brand new sports car (if he can come up with the money). None of the creditors has filed an injunction against him (the last time I checked), so he can do that (unlike in the Tulving case, where that did happen). But that's not what you want investigators seeing while you are under criminal investigation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTom
Seriously though, can I file a grand theft report with law enforcement?  If so how and where?

The FBI has an active investigation going, so that would be one option. Another would be your local police department.

bull123

Reply with quote  #50 
I think what some well meaning folks on this forum don't realize, is that America is turning into a white collar crime nation.

In the old days someone like CM would be unique and considered very bad and the powers that be would do everything they could to bring him down

Today, they are so overloaded with this type activity (in many different industries)

it's just take a number and wait in line

just my opinion ... what would i know[tongue]
ChevyRacer

Reply with quote  #51 
Quote:
I think what some well meaning folks on this forum don't realize, is that America is turning into a white collar crime nation.

We all realize it just fine--it's neither a complicated nor an original concept. Could CM walk free? Sure. Anything can happen. But whether or not the system is being overwhelmed with white-collar crime, the fact remains that white-collar criminals are arrested, indicted, convicted and sentenced ALL THE TIME in this country. If you have some information that the rest of us don't have about whether or not CM will be indicted--other than, of course, "White-collar criminals always get away with their crimes, and Charles McAllister will, too"--feel free to share it. But until then, your prediction (like an opinion) is just that--a prediction. Get in line...
bull123

Reply with quote  #52 
There was a Gold company advertising on Fox-Tv known as Discount Gold Brokers bck in 2013

They advertised Gold for 0% over cost ... anyone remember those ads?

Within 60 days of being shut down the owner was thrown in jail:

http://www.signalscv.com/archives/119890/

This idea that justice moves slowly and the longer it takes the better it is going to be is wrong ... if they want you, they get you FAST ... it doesn't take years ...

but what do i know ???  [kiss][angel][sleep]
tboll

Reply with quote  #53 
Bull,
According to the BBB posting, Discount Gold Brokers was ordered to Desist and Refrain from taking orders back in April of 2013.  As your article pointed out, it wasn't until a year later, April 15 2014, that Berman was arrested.  The clock is still ticking on CM.
JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #54 
Quote:
There was a Gold company advertising on Fox-Tv known as Discount Gold Brokers bck in 2013

They advertised Gold for 0% over cost ... anyone remember those ads?

Within 60 days of being shut down the owner was thrown in jail:

http://www.signalscv.com/archives/119890/

This idea that justice moves slowly and the longer it takes the better it is going to be is wrong ... if they want you, they get you FAST ... it doesn't take years ...

I don't believe that is the same company as the one advertising on TV -- that appears to be a small-time guy (it shows him as having 41 victims). Not that it really matters how many people he scammed.

In his case, the State of California issued him a Cease and Desist order on April 15, 2013. He plead guilty in May, 2014. That's over a year, and comparable to Tulving (who agreed to plea guilty a bit over a year after shutting down).

bull123

Reply with quote  #55 

OK, you got me on that one ... (you're right about the year delay)

but Tulving shutdown over TWO years ago and no mention of jail

I think maybe if you cry in front of the judge, they just say the heck with the whole thing

maybe the discount gold brokers guy had an attitude

th.jpg
but I am right about discount gold brokers being the ones that advertised on Fox-TV

so one right ... one wrong ...

[comp]

Alabama

Reply with quote  #56 
I'm not going to do anything to him..Except maybe flood the Opelika/Montgomery area newspapers with "hot tip" emails about a fraudster. Anyone want to help?
JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #57 
Quote:

but Tulving shutdown over TWO years ago and no mention of jail
but I am right about discount gold brokers being the ones that advertised on Fox-TV

Ah, I guess I was wrong about the Discount Gold Brokers thing -- I thought there were two separate companies. My bad, as the kids say!

Tulving shut down in March, 2014 -- so a bit over a year and a half. The sentencing will be in about 6 months to a year, at which point we will find out what happens.

I will agree that when it comes to justice with bullion dealers, it seems very hit-or-miss. But I doubt that this one will be a miss (in that I believe there will be a decent investigation, resulting in punishment of those that deserve it according to the law). The FBI is actively investigating, and the U.S. Attorney's office is investigating as well. And Charles does have 2 criminal attorneys, so he clearly is expecting (or at least preparing for) justice to come his way.

bull123

Reply with quote  #58 
JG ... I think this site is fantastic ... U r great ... 5 stars+

but do you really understand how dirty this metals business is?

HINT: U have just touched the surface of what is really going on ...

HINT #2: the "better deal" the seller offers, the more chance there is PONZI involved

and ponzi means something (to the client) because eventually it all comes crashing down

and the last one (group) in line is screwed ... ala Tulving

Have you noticed that while virtually every single mining company is publically traded, NONE of the resellers are on the DOW?

Have you ever wondered why? 

I have ... there is a reason ... a lot of it has to do with "storage"

Just think about it ... you are on to something with what you are doing, but there is so much more than you think ... fyi

It's not just Tulving and CM ... it is so much more than that ... they are the tip of iceberg ... just saying =)

[comp]
tboll

Reply with quote  #59 
I wonder if motive isn't a big factor in determining whether these perpetrators of ponzi-like business schemes are severely punished or not?  In the case of Berman, I heard that he was funneling money to overseas personal bank accounts.  If it turns out that CM just burned through money to fund his flailing businesses but that he didn't take enormous amounts for personal profit, might he not get off as being just a inept businessman?  The net loses to all his customers doesn't change (regardless of his motive) but I wonder if he might be protected or at least not wholeheartedly prosecuted as long as he didn't get rich from his asset-obliterating scheme?

PS:  I'm not saying that CM didn't take money and move it or hide it.  I'm just saying that if they can't determine that he did take money and use it for anything other than his businesses.   In other words, I think the investigators have to find where the money went before they can prosecute him.
bull123

Reply with quote  #60 
and they won't prosectute him ...

they will claim he was just bad at doing business which is not a crime ...

it's pitiful ...
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.