[For news on NWT Mint, see http://about.ag/NWTMint.htm]
[For research on bullion dealers, see http://BullionDealerData.com]

Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 6 of 14     «   Prev   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   Next   »
JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #76 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bull123
You would want to be in CM's shoes if you saw how much money he allegedly had hidden away

You might want to be a bit more clear here -- how much money you allege he had hidden away. [smile]
bull123

Reply with quote  #77 
well, it could be zero

or it could be a whole lot more

only CM knows for sure ...

[comp]
bull123

Reply with quote  #78 
in the old days, it would have been enough that since folks didn't get delivery of product the bad guy would be locked up until he had his day in court

OJ was locked up until his trial ... and yet nothing had been proven ... or was ever proven criminally

this isn't an alleged physical murder, but it is an alleged financial murder

bernie madoff was jailed when arrested ... before a trial ...

why hasn't his passport been pulled at the least?

i get that there is some gray area here ... but

IMHO of course ... maybe i am wrong and CM should be given a ticker tape parade

[comp]
bull123

Reply with quote  #79 
Guess I was right about every single thing I predicted

Very sadly

Note: if they don't do the forensic accounting, it is almost 100% certain that CM walks totally free

only that form of accounting can prove what really happened

CM must be enjoying a quality brew and looking forward to a night on the town tonight

just my opinions ...

[comp]
JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #80 
Quote:

Note: if they don't do the forensic accounting, it is almost 100% certain that CM walks totally free

I am sure that will happen. If Dan is unwilling, he will get tossed aside.

The motion states "In many aspects, the Debtor in this Case is like Bernard Madoff’s Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC or Allen Stanford’s Stanford Financial Group—a massively fraudulent operation that defrauded a number of ordinary people out of their life savings. ... This Case has been administered, however, in a very different manner than the Stanford and Madoff cases. Unlike the Madoff or Stanford cases, the victims here do not have a trustee or receiver that is actively pursuing all avenues of recovery and restitution."

it then goes on to say "The victims deserve a trustee who will pursue all options for obtaining justice for the victims of the Debtor, Chad McAllister, and his co-conspirators."

If the conversion to Chapter 7 is approved, a trustee will be appointed (and not chosen, directly or indirectly, by Charles, as Dan was).

ChevyRacer

Reply with quote  #81 
Quote:
Guess I was right about every single thing I predicted

Very sadly

CM must be enjoying a quality brew and looking forward to a night on the town tonight

just my opinions ...

[comp]

Are you Charles, or Nemo?
ChevyRacer

Reply with quote  #82 
Quote:

You don't need a forensic accountant to tell you that tens of millions of dollars in property and cash is missing, and that Charles McAllister was the last one known to be in possession of that missing property and cash... [biggrin]
bull123

Reply with quote  #83 
i keep hearing "they might not find enough evidence for a case"

how is that possible?

Folks sent in million of dollars ... it was way past the 30 day time limit for delivery ... tens of millions of dollars of product allegedly went undelivered ... what else do you need?

no court in the country would rule that just because some disclaimer was rewritten, that you could take folks money and NOT have to have product safely stored away for them.

in my opinion, life in prison would be fair for something like that

there seems to be just a hint of "let's give CM the benefit of the doubt up here"

???
JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #84 
Quote:
i keep hearing "they might not find enough evidence for a case"

how is that possible?

I'm not aware of anyone suggesting that there is not enough evidence for a case. At question was what would happen *if* they decided there was not enough evidence (or anything else that might get them to decide to drop it).

bull123

Reply with quote  #85 
and he's not "innocent" until proven guilty ...

he's "innocent" until proven guilty in the eyes of the law

and who the hell knows who the "law" is anymore

if someone allegedly sent him money ... and didn't get product ... guess what ... GUILTY

I think he could be looking at 40 years in jail if it was the 1990's

today ... with a President that wants to allow Syrian refugees into America after what happened in Paris on friday night ... anything goes ... it's like the pre-cursor to Mad Max.

IMHO of course ....
JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #86 
Quote:
and who the hell knows who the "law" is anymore

if someone allegedly sent him money ... and didn't get product ... guess what ... GUILTY

I think he could be looking at 40 years in jail if it was the 1990's

This "law" is the one that means that if you run a business and fail, you won't get sent to jail unless you broke the law.

And what if your life savings was stolen from you, and because of that you had to file for bankruptcy -- only to get sent to jail because you owed a credit card company $2,000, and they said you were obviously a thief, and that the bullion you paid for is probably hidden in your backyard?

The justice system leaves a lot to be desired, but it is designed to protect the innocent.

bull123

Reply with quote  #87 
sorry to ruffle feathers ...

i still don't understand how anyone can give him one inch of wiggle room

if it was the 1990's, he might be spending the majority of his life in a 9 by 9 cell

IMHO of course
JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #88 
Quote:

i still don't understand how anyone can give him one inch of wiggle room

if it was the 1990's, he might be spending the majority of his life in a 9 by 9 cell

Well, if you play that game, there are at least 5 other people you'd have to throw in jail with him.

Can you give me an example of someone from the 1990s who did something similar, and was in jail less than 4 months after filing for bankruptcy?

jkline

Reply with quote  #89 
Well, bill black sent a thousand people to prison during the S & L crisis. On pbs he said he is shocked that nobody gets prison time for securities fraud, especially during the 2008 meltdown.
Dcscott

Reply with quote  #90 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG
Quote:

I am sure that will happen. If Dan is unwilling, he will get tossed aside.

The motion states "In many aspects, the Debtor in this Case is like Bernard Madoff’s Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC or Allen Stanford’s Stanford Financial Group—a massively fraudulent operation that defrauded a number of ordinary people out of their life savings. ... This Case has been administered, however, in a very different manner than the Stanford and Madoff cases. Unlike the Madoff or Stanford cases, the victims here do not have a trustee or receiver that is actively pursuing all avenues of recovery and restitution."

it then goes on to say "The victims deserve a trustee who will pursue all options for obtaining justice for the victims of the Debtor, Chad McAllister, and his co-conspirators."

If the conversion to Chapter 7 is approved, a trustee will be appointed (and not chosen, directly or indirectly, by Charles, as Dan was).

Wait, huge difference. With Maddof the scheme was to invest in expectancy of a big return.
In my case at least it was a simple purchase with storage of the product. The product wasnt purchased or stored. Breach of contract. I will sue CM personally if thats what it takes. I want my money back, or to see him hang. If his momma is able to read this, then i hope she understands that her POS son is a criminal and she just may be an accomplice.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: