[For news on NWT Mint, see http://about.ag/NWTMint.htm]
[For research on bullion dealers, see http://BullionDealerData.com]

Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Jamesm7

Reply with quote  #16 
I sent in a check for $10,000.00 shortly before they declared bankruptcy. They could of simply chosen not to deposit it. They chose to cash it essentially stealing $10k from me. I know there were a lot of people hurt much worse than that and to hang on to any hope of them repaying simply by supporting another venture by these crooks is simply the definition of insanity. How this guy escaped prosecution is beyond me. He is nothing more than a con man. In this paradigm of financial shenanigans perpetrated on investors it is to be expected. I have written off any hope of restitution and will only support the full prosecution of these individuals.  
tboll

Reply with quote  #17 
Really sorry to hear that James and it must be especially incomprehensible to you given the timing of the bankruptcy filing.  But I think to the bitter end, CM was thinking he could keep the charade going.  He figured he would use your money to buy some gold, etc. to appease some other customer who was threatening the loudest.  If JG hadn't stepped in and written Charles and warned him to cease and desist (because he had seen this already happen with Tulving) that Charles would have continued to take money and metal until who knows when.
JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcscott
I am forced ,by law, to allow the thief and his god forsaken family to try to return what he stole, over a very long ,possibly a decade, period of time. In my view, I don't care if he has to sell every asset he owns...

Just to be clear, it is Bullion Direct that by law is being given this very long time period to try to return what was stolen. Bullion Direct is considered an innocent entity. It owes customers money, so it is required by law to go through the bankruptcy process to try to get customers paid.

Charles, however, at this point owes no money to anybody. Nor does his Mom, or anyone who may have been involved in the theft at Bullion Direct. That is where criminal law comes into play. We know that Charles was under both criminal investigation and civil investigation (CFTC), but it is very rare to find out for certain that an investigation is over (the person being investigated may not even know). From the "chatter" that I hear, I would rather be Charles than Ross Hansen (NWTM owner). The government hasn't completely forgotten about Charles, but I cannot tell if the investigation is still going on.

If at some point criminal or even civil charges were filed, that's when Charles would be told what would be required for paying back his victims. Of course, the chances that Charles would be able to come up with tens of millions of dollars during his lifetime are quite slim, but it would at least put an end to that piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcscott
He owes us all, a great deal of money, and his soul should be destined to the deepest level of hell until he makes good.

... and this is, of course, the other piece.

harley_52

Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesm7
I sent in a check for $10,000.00 shortly before they declared bankruptcy. They could of simply chosen not to deposit it. They chose to cash it essentially stealing $10k from me. I know there were a lot of people hurt much worse than that and to hang on to any hope of them repaying simply by supporting another venture by these crooks is simply the definition of insanity. How this guy escaped prosecution is beyond me. He is nothing more than a con man. In this paradigm of financial shenanigans perpetrated on investors it is to be expected. I have written off any hope of restitution and will only support the full prosecution of these individuals.  

I sent them a check for $9300+. also just before they folded.  I also sent several requests for info and/or refund since they didn't fill my order.  They kept blaming the delay on a move of their vault, even getting pretty snotty with me for being impatient.  Then, they closed the doors and I haven't seen a penny returned.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.