[For news on NWT Mint, see http://about.ag/NWTMint.htm]
[For research on bullion dealers, see http://BullionDealerData.com]

Forum

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
tboll

Reply with quote  #16 
>There is always the chance that either the FBI or U.S. Attorney's office have closed their investigations for some reason, but I find that highly unlikely.

Ummm, so if they never confirm or deny an investigation, then will we never know if CM is or ever was investigated unless and until an arrest is made?  What do you think the time frame will be for an arrest (if one is made)?  A year?  If he is still free in a couple of years, can we assume that the investigation is over and that they didn't find enough evidence against him to make a case?
JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tboll
>There is always the chance that either the FBI or U.S. Attorney's office have closed their investigations for some reason, but I find that highly unlikely.

Ummm, so if they never confirm or deny an investigation, then will we never know if CM is or ever was investigated unless and until an arrest is made?  What do you think the time frame will be for an arrest (if one is made)?  A year?  If he is still free in a couple of years, can we assume that the investigation is over and that they didn't find enough evidence against him to make a case?

The FBI is doing a criminal investigation -- docket 57 mentions it, and there was a meeting with the FBI, DA, and AG with the agreement being that the FBI would take the lead. I believe the DA's office lacked the resources to appropriately handle the case, and the AG is having issues of his own (being investigated for securities fraud).

In the Tulving case, it took roughly a year from the time he shut down until charges were filed against him, and another 6 months or so until he official plead guilty. Of course, every case is different.

tboll

Reply with quote  #18 
But they brought up charges against Tulving.  If the investigation does not produce enough evidence for a case, so they just quietly forget about it or do they make some sort of statement that they have concluded their investigation?
JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tboll
But they brought up charges against Tulving.  If the investigation does not produce enough evidence for a case, so they just quietly forget about it or do they make some sort of statement that they have concluded their investigation?

Unfortunately, I do not know what happens if they do not have enough evidence for a case. My guess is that they quietly forget about it, as publicizing it could do damage to a person who did not do what they were accused of (not that all people whose investigations end are innocent).

JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkline
Well, bill black sent a thousand people to prison during the S & L crisis. On pbs he said he is shocked that nobody gets prison time for securities fraud, especially during the 2008 meltdown.

We don't know yet whether Charles will be going to prison. The question is whether those people were in jail 4 months after bankruptcies or other business failures.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.