[For news on NWT Mint, see http://about.ag/NWTMint.htm]
[For research on bullion dealers, see http://BullionDealerData.com]

Forum

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
tboll

Reply with quote  #31 
I think he lived well-enough, but I really think he was delusional about his "invention" and squandered everything that EVERYBODY (all his customers) owned to prove how wonderful it is/was.  They (he and his co-inventor) have this idea 16 years ago to automate metal exchange and open it up to everyone via the internet.  They get their patent, and CM starts BD to show just how wonderful his idea is and how it can be implemented.  Meanwhile, his co-inventor thinks the invention was a good idea, agrees to be a  partner with CM in the business, but moves on to other ventures rather than the spend his life trying to prove the wonders of this first idea.  CM decides he needs a full-scale team to fully capitalize on the invention and so he uses the BD assets to fund it.  The software business never quite pulls it's weight but CM thinks that if only he can add a few more functions or make sure it's portable to other companies, then he will hit a home run and everyone will be rich.  I don't know CM at all, but based on what others have said about him, I suspect he wasn't always a bad person, but from his track record, he seems to have always been a bad business person. 
nobody

Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:

but from his track record, he seems to have always been a bad business person. 

[rofl]

And the easiest way to hide your business ineptitude is via the white-wash of bankruptcy.
harley_52

Reply with quote  #33 
Personnaly, I don't care whether he was always a bad person, or just a bad person since he started stealing everybody's money and lying about it.

A long time ago I rented a home to a man who I thought was honest and trustworthy.  I had recently returned from Vietnam, was still in the Army, and had been reassigned to another post.  This man came into my house and had my wife and I convinced he was good as gold (pun intended).  Well, to make a long story short, he never made a rent payment, forced me to get the sheriff to run him out, and left thousands of dollars of damages to the home.  

You may not believe this, but his last name was McAllister.

nobody

Reply with quote  #34 
Take it with a grain of salt, it may just be common and I've been looking, but there's been a lot of McAllister's with less than noble pasts.

Some not even related to anyone in the case!

nobody

Reply with quote  #35 
To the extent that contacting a debtor directly might be against your interests, I'd merely add this to a question for the meeting of the creditors.

nobody

Reply with quote  #36 
Ah, to anyone interested in adding to the voices calling for a UCC - "Valerie L. Wenger" <Valerie.L.Wenger@usdoj.gov>" is the trustee for the estate, and it is safe to email her, even if it's a bit of a black hole for all I can tell.

nobody

Reply with quote  #37 
Eh, Martinec seems to have acquired a bit of a reputation for interpreting english as threatening.
nobody

Reply with quote  #38 
Personal knowledge / experience, would swear to under oath as believing it to be true myself.

You're right, the 'reputation' part is unfounded assumption.
shooter magaven

Reply with quote  #39 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody
Eh, Martinec seems to have acquired a bit of a reputation for interpreting english as threatening.

So he's not a 'people person'?

That's fine...If he ever hears from me, then it will be interpreted correctly.
saxster

Reply with quote  #40 
When I wrote Martinec inquiring as to the whereabouts of my property he replied "file a proof of claim and/or consult an attorney regarding what you think is your property". 

That was the end of any dialogue the man was willing to share with me.
nobody

Reply with quote  #41 
Meh, given his association w/ the history of this companies past, I'm hoping to bid on his bar card at an asset auction.

jkline

Reply with quote  #42 
Regarding the question about Lloyds...

If Charlie wasn't paying Uncle Sam, do you really believe that he was paying his insurance premiums?  Even if he did, there is usually a clause that says they won't pay if fraud is suspected. 

Example:  you insure your Ming vase (if you own one, you'd be posh and pronounce it, 'vaz') for a million.  Sometime after the vase vanishes.  The ins co won't pay a dime until they can be sure you didn't steal it from yourself.  Same with life insurance:  'show us the body!'

If I were running BD, I would have ceased operations in 2011.  That CM kept the scheme running until 2015, proves that he is a thieving mother****er.

In a just world CM would be treated like Saddam H's political enemies:  tied to a board with a grenade duct taped between the poor chap's legs.   Now if I were Saddam, I would blindfold Nemo and command him to find and pull the pin, like a reverse 'pin the tail on the donkey'; though our Down's Syndrome Socrates is a donkey and probably wouldn't see that as a punishment on any level of the imagination.
jkline

Reply with quote  #43 
Saxter,

Lawyers are whores.  He is being to help CM and screw us.

It is the way of the world.
nobody

Reply with quote  #44 
It would appear Mr. Martinec (or his firm) consulted with BD right around the time the ToS was changed, and that's what they're relying on to assert ownership of customer metals.

I invite Mr. Martinec to refute.

nobody

Reply with quote  #45 
Actually, my favorite part here, it would appear M&W met with BD on or around the time of the ToS change.

So to the extent that Mr. Martinecs firm helped change the ToS, they had a wonderfully obliging customer in Charles McAllister, who then months later, waived it as an officer of the company to existing customers.

So, come forth Mr. Martinec - did you cleverly change the ToS and then get your work undone by your client?

Or did you assist a client who then immediately changed terms, lost their assets and reached out to you?

I'd love for you to answer here - or elsewhere Mr. Martinec.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.