[For news on NWT Mint, see http://about.ag/NWTMint.htm]
[For research on bullion dealers, see http://BullionDealerData.com]

Forum

Poll Results

Should the unredacted list be posted at about.ag?
 Yes 29 87%
 No 4 12%
Total votes: 33   Please or sign up to vote.

Author   Comment   Page 5 of 5     «   Prev   2   3   4   5
jcarter

Reply with quote  #61 
Yes, it's looking like BD sold metals that they did not have. There's a list of the known vault contents out there as well as a partial list of those who BD owes metal to. Another list of claimants should be coming out soon.

The known contents of the vault are in the $600,000.00 range and the owed metals are well over +$20m. You can see how that will not work out well for anyone involved.

Seems like many of us folks who appear to have been defrauded by BD are in despair and doubt they'll be seeing any of their money, with their only hope being that the head(s) of BD end up in jail for a long time. 
JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #62 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfranek
I am so confused. Is the silver I purchased that they held not there? Can I not have them ship it to me? 
What is the "list" people are referring to? How do I know if I am on it? Where can I find it?

If I understand this correctly, BD essentially sold silver they didn't have. Am I correct?

It appears that you are correct. Bullion Direct admits to having liabilities of as great as $25M (which appears to be mostly stored metal), and only $633K or so in the vault.

Do not worry about this list; it is unimportant. The important list is due to be filed next week (if you are properly listed there, you do not need to do anything unless the court instructs you to do otherwise).

Bullion Direct admitted that when customers purchased metal, Bullion Direct did not actually purchase it unless delivery was requested.

Bullion Direct was a very respected company until this was discovered; nobody outside the company appears to have known what was going on.

mfranek

Reply with quote  #63 
So I searched the claim list and I wasn't on it. Not sure why but wasn't. Anyhow I filed a claim with the court, as best as I could(I am not an attorney and some of it was baffling as to exactly what they wanted but I did my best. 

What else should I be doing and do you have any idea as to my chance of getting my money back?

Thanks in advance.

M
nobody

Reply with quote  #64 
Quote:
...do you have any idea as to my chance of getting my money back?

Odds are you'll get something back - it's just a question of how many places to the left the decimal moved when you blinked.
mfranek

Reply with quote  #65 
I'd trade any restitution with 10 minutes in a locked room with this turd.
JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #66 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfranek
So I searched the claim list and I wasn't on it. Not sure why but wasn't.

Quite a few people were not on the list. It seems like many people who placed orders in 2015 were not on the list, as well as some waiting for product draws and cash draws.

Bullion Direct is expected to fix this and file an amended list of creditors. Anyone on listed properly there (e.g. not listed as "disputed" as all are currently) does not have to file a Proof of Claim form. In either case, you do not need to worry, since you already filed it. If you believe a crime may have been committed, you can file a complaint at http://www.ic3.gov/ which will get to the FBI (if it has "Bullion Direct" or "Charles McAlister" in it).

You can then either sit back and wait for any check(s), or be more pro-active (monitoring what is going on, coming up with ideas, etc.).

napolm

Reply with quote  #67 
I am on the list , But the email address is sqewed ,, ,  as it look's they all are  . 
lad0206

Reply with quote  #68 
One thing people should know about this list is that while individuals' names are in alphabetical order this file appears to be multiple lists combined.. so just because you went through all the "D" names and have not found your D name does not mean it's not there... KEEP GOING.. there are several different lists that have been tacked onto the end of the first list.. I eventually found my correct listing - with the correct information - all posted much farther down the file! Be careful as you're going through - some of the "lists" are pretty small and take up only a couple of pages..
roundhouse

Reply with quote  #69 
Just got an e-mail saying the Proof of Claim deadline has been extended to January 25, 2016.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.