[For news on NWT Mint, see http://about.ag/NWTMint.htm]
[For research on bullion dealers, see http://BullionDealerData.com]

Forum

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
harley_52

Reply with quote  #16 
***"But someone mentioned yesterday on the Forum that local police sent them to APD. Quite frustrating!"***

I think APD is not really a player any more.  After a discussion with Mr. Bishop from the Travis County DA , it seems either his office, the Texas AG, or the FBI will be leading the investigation.  I'm betting on the FBI.
nobody

Reply with quote  #17 
I suspect as others have pointed out, who you get sent to is sort of based on what you ask for.

"I have been criminally wronged" - the DA will talk to you
"He took my stuff and I want it back" - the police will take the report.

Whether there is a legal distinction with regards to protecting your rights, I don't know - but I have no reason to believe that all authorities aren't talking to each other, for as little as they're able to tell us.

-n
harley_52

Reply with quote  #18 
***"I suspect as others have pointed out, who you get sent to is sort of based on what you ask for."***

That's my impression as well and it kind of explains this discussion of "theft" vs. "fraud" we had the other day and why the APD is accepting some complaints, but rejecting others.  It's my impression that the police really don't want to get involved in fraud cases because they are so difficult to prove and their assets are limited.  Theft seems to be more of a no brainer and less costly in terms of investigation and prosecution.  I say that not just because of this incident, but I've had similar experience trying to get a local police organization interested in another "fraud" case.  They try to push it off as a civil, not criminal, issue.

All of that is just my opinion, I'm not claiming it's fact.
plankton

Reply with quote  #19 
It can get academic quickly.  However, I actually shipped one PM to be sold via nucleo at a future date and had it in 'Storage'.  Then requested it be returned via product draw and shipped back.  I have not received it yet.  So, I believe in this specific case I have a physical item I can point to and say 'thats mine' and if  not returned in a reasonable amount of time is in 'stolen' state. [You can argue that the bar might be 'lost' not stolen then if lost by BD then they will have to file claim and compensate me in cash or bar equiv. I have received no communication from BD that my bar was lost and a claim has been filed against any insurance carrier, etc] Transactions I made via Nucleo for purchase and storage where I never took possession are a little less tangible since I trusted that it was purchased and stored but never saw it.  It physically was a check box, a number, in a database.  So, I have no problem with reporting to APD that a particular bar (property) was stolen from my by a person. [Nucleo purchases that were made but BD never actually received the bar from customer or purchased on open market nor refunded would be fraudulent in my opinion]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.