[For news on NWT Mint, see http://about.ag/NWTMint.htm]
[For research on bullion dealers, see http://BullionDealerData.com]

Forum

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
tboll

Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody
It's actually a creative strategy if that's the intent.

I'm not saying that is their strategy, but really, this is a 15 minute SQL query.  Send me the scrubbed dump, I'll send you back your reports, no charge.  That they're paying thousands of dollars with very little to show for it doesn't scream competent recovery effort to me.

-n

I think you mean TENS of thousands!
nobody

Reply with quote  #17 
And todays reading resumes on the value of the IP;  I am not a lawyer, and I'm most definitely not a patent lawyer, but let's examine some potential prior art.

The list:
http://www.accessecon.com/pubs/VUECON/vu00-w16.pdf "BUSINESS -TO - BUSINESS ELECTRONIC COMMERCE" Published June 2000
- "Net Benefit: Guaranteed Electronic Markets: the Ultimate Potential of Online Trade" - sub section "secure electronic markets open to any seller" (Copyright 1999)
US20010005835 - Electronic purchase system and method thereof (Priority 1999) 
US20020026403 - Systems and methods for facilitating transactions in a commodity marketplace (Priority 4/2000)
 *  this ones my favorite so far,  it goes so far as to presuppose just such a system exists, and then builds an options market on top of it.

If it wouldn't hurt other people on this forum more, I'd be half tempted to try and get this patent gutted myself.

-n

JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody
If it wouldn't hurt other people on this forum more, I'd be half tempted to try and get this patent gutted myself.

... and that's why I'm not delving into it. If a business finds it useful, they need to do their own due diligence. If they like it and want to pay for it, great! But I don't want to be the one giving them reason not to want it before they get seriously interested in it.

And there could well be someone who wants a bullion-based order matching system NOW, without having to wait perhaps a year for one to be developed. Take the proven model of the patent (without the creative interpretations, and no storage) and the trust and marketing ability of Apmex, and you could have very valuable intellectual property.

nobody

Reply with quote  #19 
While I enjoy your responses, both pithy and witty,
It's not clear your goal, and much is the pity.
Wisdom in words, I've found in your verse,
But often your point is vague and quite terse.

Really nemo, yours are much better - but why hide behind questions - we're all here for answers!

-n

P.S. Snark aside, I really appreciate your posts.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.