[For news on NWT Mint, see http://about.ag/NWTMint.htm]
[For research on bullion dealers, see http://BullionDealerData.com]

Forum

Author   Comment  
charliem

Reply with quote  #1 
So I may have the fortune of being the very last check deposited on June 15 before BD went silent.  Really not cool if they already knew they were shutting down that same day.

What I don't get is that "NO" employees have leaked out any information.  Past or present employees.  Info lock down seems tighter than the CIA (Fort Knox metaphor intentionally not used) .  The only options that makes sense are BD still has employees and they know things are getting resolved, OR, everyone is being paid to be silent.

Have I missed any such leaks?

JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliem
What I don't get is that "NO" employees have leaked out any information.  Past or present employees.  Info lock down seems tighter than the CIA (Fort Knox metaphor intentionally not used) .  The only options that makes sense are BD still has employees and they know things are getting resolved, OR, everyone is being paid to be silent.

If I hear anything public, I'll post it.

With Tulving, they had about 10 employees in the last few months, and perhaps 20 or so over the year or two before shutting down. I had 2 of them contact me. So 1 in 10.

With Bullion Direct, I was able to contact an ex-employee. He gave me very little information, and I got the impression that he did not want me to ask questions. No employees have contacted me directly yet. I'm hoping one or more will (via the anonymous tips page, if need be, at http://about.ag/Tips.htm -- although I wouldn't be able to respond or confirm that they were an employee).

My hunch is that as of the end of March or so, there were no more employees except for Charles. I sense that at least several employees were let go in March, and with the minimal activity after that, I suspect that Charles was running the show himself. So I'm guessing ex-employees is all there are.

I do have the names of 10 people who used to work there, but contact information can be tricky (e.g. @bulliondirect.com addresses aren't likely to work anymore).

shooter magaven

Reply with quote  #3 
Just Charles, the CEO/owner, running the whole business?

Wow. If this is the case...That is really disconcerting. I realize alot was automated, but just one human being? That can't be right.

But what do I know.

I guess the shipping and receiving is handled by an another vendor, or Charles himself sent me my gold coins in May.
JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter magaven
Just Charles, the CEO/owner, running the whole business? Wow. If this is the case...That is really disconcerting. I realize alot was automated, but just one human being? That can't be right. But what do I know. I guess the shipping and receiving is handled by an another vendor, or Charles himself sent me my gold coins in May.

I could be wrong. At Tulving, the 3 main people were the owner, one person taking phone orders, and one customer service rep.

After the transition, it is likely that nearly all the shipping of orders and handling of incoming packages was done by the bullion wholesaler they contracted with. And there is little evidence that anything was actually happening behind the scenes towards the end, aside from a couple orders being sent out. If the coins sent in May came from Delaware, it was almost certainly handled by the bullion wholesaler.

tim

Reply with quote  #5 
I was able to find the patent for Nucleo, and there are two inventors listed: Charles McAllister and Vivek Katyal (Austin, TX). A preliminary Google search didn't turn up anything for Mr. Katyal, but he might be a good lead if you're interested in contacting an insider.
JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim
I was able to find the patent for Nucleo, and there are two inventors listed: Charles McAllister and Vivek Katyal (Austin, TX). A preliminary Google search didn't turn up anything for Mr. Katyal, but he might be a good lead if you're interested in contacting an insider.

I do have contact information for Mr. Katyal, but I suspect he hasn't had anything to do with Bullion Direct for a number of years.

RippedOff

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliem

...I was able to contact an ex-employee. He gave me very little information, and I got the impression that he did not want me to ask questions.

I figure that if - as speculated in later posts - all/most employees had been "let go", they'd have no compulsion to remain silent.  I, too, reached out to one (a current?/former? IT person) but got no response.  I suspect that they still have some $kin in the game.
jim249

Reply with quote  #8 
Well I just tried to buy 10 oz of bullion silver. Hit the check out button and the cart disappears, with no check out. Pull up my cart again, order is still there, but you can't buy. So it looks like ordering is out for now.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.