[For news on NWT Mint, see http://about.ag/NWTMint.htm]
[For research on bullion dealers, see http://BullionDealerData.com]

Forum

Poll Results

Is Nucleo software worth $32 million?
 Yes, there is a sucker born every minute 0 0%
 No, and I'm laughing hysterically 20 100%
Total votes: 20   Please or sign up to vote.

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
nobody

Reply with quote  #31 
IMHO, allocation against a "system of accounts" didn't bother me - but to return to it would require a very public and very regular audit/reconciliation for me to commit funds to it.
igillman

Reply with quote  #32 
I spent many years in the world of software development and in my opinion you will not be able to get anything for selling the code for Nucleo. The world of software moves on too quickly for that, the code is already out of date. The only option to make money with the code is through patent infringement. The best bet for people to get their money is if the patents are sold off to a company that thrives on patent infringement and the money from the sale distributed to the creditors. Anything else would take too long and would involve an entity hanging around for years filing patent lawsuits. That entity would have running costs that would eat into any profits made from the patents.
tboll

Reply with quote  #33 
>and the accounts (from the $32M software program, which I am sure can print out a list of all customer inventory)

[smile][smile][smile]  I totally appreciate the humor here!!!
robertmbeard

Reply with quote  #34 
The only thing I can add to the discussion of vault inventory reconciliation is an observation I made in 2013 and 2014 as a catalog customer.  If memory serves me correctly, in June or July of those years, Bullion Direct would temporarily advertise a temporary freeze in shipping orders over several days, as they conducted a complete "annual" vault inventory.  While nothing Charles McAllister said on the BDI website can be trusted, if it was true, it indicates only an annual attempt at reconciling the vault inventory (as low as it was...) with their accounting system...
bull123

Reply with quote  #35 
Guys ... we have to be realistic

we got screwed ... it's all gone ... there is nothing left aside from what the lawyers will take

we might get 1 cent on the dollar ... probably 0 cents on the dollar

when CM gets out of prison (if we even get lucky on that front-i have my doubts) ... he will be $$$ forever ...

a legacy to hand down to his kids

that is if the alleged reports are true ... maybe the gold is stored away somewhere for us

under the rainbow ... (for example)
nobody

Reply with quote  #36 
While not quite as downtrodden as bull123, I do take the assessment that as-is, we'll get a few cents on the dollar.

So I see no reason not to promise 10% of the other $0.98 cents as a bounty to someone who can try and sniff out the money professionally.

But that is my  opinion - get your own.
tboll

Reply with quote  #37 
Nobody, do you really think the money is anywhere that can be recovered or do you just want this mystery solved?  Aside from CM's rather hefty paycheck (which I think much of it went to his lifestyle, private educ for kids, college savings, etc., and retaining lawyers), I  think that the majority of the money went to his other equally questionable business ventures - paying employees, consultants, business operation costs.  Whatever he had left he probably speculated on futures, played the horses, gambled away, etc.  If he handled his personal finances as well as his business ones, I doubt there is much money to be found.  (again the disclaimer that this is just opinion and that hiring a professional might be the only way to find out for sure)
nobody

Reply with quote  #38 
I figure one of three things happened (possible more than one, but let's imagine):

- He invested the money poorly, it went poof - recovery would be basically whatever salary you can prove he drew that came from customer assets - and in whatever form you can still find it (houses, cars, boats, tuition checks, etc).
- He spent it on other family members projects that may or may not have gone poof - recovery would then potentially include any projects and people the money touched.
- He buried it in trust funds and overseas accounts - if you can find it, and prove it, you can recover it.

If it's gone, it's gone - but that's why you pay someone on contingency - you get a percentage of what you can get back for us - a dime on the dollar was just a made up number, we'd need to find a real one.

If it's there, let's get some back, and if it's not, let's at least walk away from this knowing we looked.

Thing is, through all the filings, he doesn't seem to have been a "smart" criminal - just an effective thug -- and if he's sloppy as I perceive, perhaps a professional could find some interesting threads to pull on that we aren't examining (yet).

-n
robertmbeard

Reply with quote  #39 
nobody:

Talking about "overseas accounts," I started a thread about Charles McAllister's Dubai trip:

http://forums.bulliondealerdata.com/post/what-did-charles-mcallister-do-in-dubai-in-may-2015-timeframe-7561193?pid=1288433504#post1288433504

While there is little hard evidence to clarify what he was doing, it certainly looks suspicious...
robertmbeard

Reply with quote  #40 
After 2 weeks of voting, the "No" vote is unanimous!
harley_52

Reply with quote  #41 
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmbeard
After 2 weeks of voting, the "No" vote is unanimous!

Once again, I think your poll questions are confusing.

In my case, I'd love to answer "no" (it's not worth it), but I can't think of anything funny about it.

So, I haven't voted either way.....
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.