[For news on NWT Mint, see http://about.ag/NWTMint.htm]
[For research on bullion dealers, see http://BullionDealerData.com]

Forum

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
mindmelter

Reply with quote  #16 
That's what I will do. The causes of action list will be useful. Thanks!
PM

Reply with quote  #17 
Got this off the BBB site:
BBB has recently received numerous pending disputes regarding this business. Please review this Business Review for a summary of those disputes. BBB encourages consumers to also reach out to the Texas Attorney General's office and/or their local AG's office regarding any disputes.

On 07/20/2015, the business filed for reorganization under Chapter 11 of the federal Bankruptcy Act, case# 15-10940-tmd . This permits the business to continue to operate with court supervision while developing a plan of reorganization. Those with monetary claims against the business are advised to obtain a Proof of Claim form by writing to United States Bankruptcy Court- Western Division 903 San Jacinto Blvd., Suite 332 Austin TX 78701 for resubmission to that court. The case number should be entered on the form. Claims must be submitted by 11/23/2015

I am in Calif. has anybody else in this state filed a complaint w/CA AG?
nobody

Reply with quote  #18 
I've not filed with the CA AG (also California) - it shouldn't do any harm, but I imagine it'll end up getting referred back to the FBI.

I spent some time reading the IC3 page and ran across this report for 2014.

Assuming the gap is 31 million (and it could well be higher depending on when the assets were sold by CM) - this case should amount to nearly 4% of the reported losses from 2014.  I would like to imagine that will glean us at least some attention from them :-)
PM

Reply with quote  #19 
Hopefully nobody, the more complaints we file the better chance they will spend more time and resources on it.
How will we know when and if criminal charges are filed?
nobody

Reply with quote  #20 
We're now into an area of law that I've spent much of my life trying to not learn more about, but there's a few steps that I think will apply.

- Build a case for some set of charge(s)
- Present your case to a grand jury, hoping to get an indictment.  This all happens before they'll even say mum in public.
- If the grand jury agrees, the AG would prepare charges and file them (or maybe that's already happened), and at this point, they're likely be public filings, but they still won't talk to you about the case (except to gather more information from you).
- I think we might, at that stage, see something in the DOJ's press page (it's pretty well updated) - and I'd be surprised if at least some of us weren't informed or didn't run across the news pretty quickly.
- At that point, the pre-trial / trial phases will happen - similar to this BK, you could get the filings to play along at home, but hopefully at least someone will be following the case in the press by then :-)

If at any point you're talking to someone from the DoJ/FBI who's answer to any overly specific question isn't "we can't talk about an ongoing investigation", you can surmise that it's not still ongoing - which would mean it presumably failed before anything became public (an unlikely outcome, IMHO).  Were it to happen though, I'd then start learning about what I could FOIA about this whole ordeal =).

PM

Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody
When I was writing mine, it was to the Travis County DA, and as such, I centered it around various causes of action in Texas.

The IC3 should already have some passing awareness of what's going on, so I'd stick to enumerating your facts, asserting the value of your loss and asserting which law or laws you believe were broken by BD/CM.

Keep it easy on emotion, and just tell them why you think it was a crime - they'll follow up with you if they need more (I presume)

Thanks for the link, very helpful.
Dcscott

Reply with quote  #22 
I just filed. With the IC3 . Basics ; I purchased one order in 2005 and took delivery. Purchased another order in 2006 but left it at BD for easy sale.. I am on the creditors list, correctly.
I will file with the AG ofTexas in the next few days.
Is there anyone else I can file with/complain to on this? I am just getting caught up on this forum so forgive me if it has already been posted. also what of a class action lawsuit or would individual suits be better?
i would rather see 6000 counts of theft sgainst CM than just one class suit.
Thanks!
nobody

Reply with quote  #23 
IC3 seems likely the right resource for criminal complaints - they seem to be integrated well with all the right people.

I don't think anyone's got a great answer for the civil end of it (getting money back) - but my current hope is for news from the UCC for what they're considering / planning.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.