[For news on NWT Mint, see http://about.ag/NWTMint.htm]
[For research on bullion dealers, see http://BullionDealerData.com]

Forum

Author   Comment  
tboll

Reply with quote  #1 
So we've all been looking forward to the Creditors Meeting and that has come and gone.  What is next on the agenda?  Is this just a time to collecting and collating Proofs of Claims and more searching for assets?  Is there an upcoming hearing on any particular matters?
nobody

Reply with quote  #2 
I'm hoping the UCC will meet with their attorney post meeting and prepare some message for creditors about their thoughts - I'm not clear on the best next step here though.
JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tboll
So we've all been looking forward to the Creditors Meeting and that has come and gone.  What is next on the agenda?  Is this just a time to collecting and collating Proofs of Claims and more searching for assets?  Is there an upcoming hearing on any particular matters?

The Proof of Claims may be a non-issue (except for the hundreds that have already filed them), as they may not be necessary.

There is a hearing on September 28 at 9:30AM, which appears to be solely about undeposited checks that people do not want cashed.

As for me, I am waiting to get a copy of the audio of the creditors' meeting, which I may find lots of interesting details in. It could be something as simple as a name, a date, etc. that could uncover lots more information.

au

Reply with quote  #4 
JG, just curious, when do you expect to get the audio transcripts?  -au
plankton

Reply with quote  #5 
Didn't someone mention there is extradition relationship between Texas and Georgia where Chucky is now?  I'm frankly more interested in what the FBI makes of the case and when all of Chucky's 'personal property' purchased with stolen monies gets taken over.  I'm not seeing any indications that anything positive in terms of making us whole is going to come out of BK hearings.
JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by plankton
Didn't someone mention there is extradition relationship between Texas and Georgia where Chucky is now?  I'm frankly more interested in what the FBI makes of the case and when all of Chucky's 'personal property' purchased with stolen monies gets taken over.  I'm not seeing any indications that anything positive in terms of making us whole is going to come out of BK hearings.

It's Alabama, actually, and yes, there is an extradition relationship per the creditors' meeting.

It also may be possible to file a class action lawsuit (which someone did in the Tulving case), which would potentially allow assets to be frozen. But it does not look like anyone wants to take that on here.

JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by au
JG, just curious, when do you expect to get the audio transcripts?  -au

That I'm not sure about. I had planned to take it on myself, in which case it would be up to about 2 weeks after the meeting (or sooner with luck and/or expedited processing). But Scott Burns of the unsecured creditors' committee said that the U.S. Trustee was going to give him a copy to post here. I'm not sure when that might be, but presumably not longer than that 2 week timeframe.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.