[For news on NWT Mint, see http://about.ag/NWTMint.htm]
[For research on bullion dealers, see http://BullionDealerData.com]

Forum

Author   Comment  
au

Reply with quote  #1 
I visited my local FBI office.  No appt necessary, and for those that are not aware, they do allow walk-in's.  

You will go thru some security clearances of course.  The office was not busy in terms of walk-in's.  I was the only one there at the time and did not get any impression whatsoever that my visit was a burden to them.

They were very receptive to my visit, I explained my entire case to them.  In my case, I summarized a few one-pagers regarding my complaints and account information.  The information may be useful to the lead FBI office.  I had already completed an IC3 complaint (and many others to other government agencies), but felt a real meeting would better facilitate my complaints as a victim and possibly help their investigation into the matter. 

So if you feel it is necessary, disclose your case to your local office.  -au
au

Reply with quote  #2 
So I'm curious how many of you actually took the time to go see your local FBI office?  Was I the only one here to do so?  I sure hope not.  And I hope not just 10 of us did so on account of 5000+ victims.

I don't think much credence is given to online reports (they probably get millions of them and pay no attention to them).  I submitted every known online report known to mankind and really I don't think anyone gives a rat's ass.  You might say going to the office in person won't do any good either.  Well neither will sitting on your ass reading a plethora of ridiculous gripe sessions here either.  Why are we griping to each other?  We need to be complaining to the Fed's even if they already know about the case.  And yes I realize the FBI will not reveal anything about any ongoing investigations, but if very few of us actually reported this in person at our local FBI offices I doubt this case will ever go anywhere.

I think at this point, if you haven't reported your case in person at your local FBI office, then you should do so.  Do not assume this case is getting much attention or resources.  If the FBI gets 100-200+ more complaints (hell there's 5000+ victims here) then they might just look into it harder.  It will put more pressure on them to do so and that's a good thing.  Lets face it, it's all about the complaint and the complaint factor, and these are going to appear more real to them in person than some anonymous person online.  And don't be fearful of taking up their time.  We're all tax payers here (except CM) and as such we pay the FBI officers' salaries.

So you all know, you do not need an appt.  You can just walk-in to your local FBI office in person during normal hours of operation.  Go find your local FBI office and go to the security booth.  At the booth, tell the security officer you're there to disclose a white collar victim complaint and that you'd like to speak to an FBI officer.  Next he'll want to see your ID and you'll go thru security, metal detector, etc.  Then you'll sign in and speak to an FBI officer in a room.  It's easy and the officer is very receptive and helpful.  Bring a one-pager summarizing your complaints.  Never at any time during my disclosure did the officer make it feel like my complaint was a waste of their time (quite the opposite in fact).  The FBI even told me they could pursue victim compensation (meaning fines) in terms of compensating victims.  That's not something I've heard much discussed here, probably because very few of us have made an effort to speak to them in person.  So go do it.  You got nothing to loose at this point.  You may even learn something new.  They don't bite.

-au
JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by au
So I'm curious how many of you actually took the time to go see your local FBI office?  Was I the only one here to do so?  I sure hope not.  And I hope not just 10 of us did so on account of 5000+ victims. ...

Well said.

My hunch is that the FBI is already well aware of the scope of the crime, but there is the "human interest" factor -- was this something with rich people losing some money that they didn't feel terrible losing, or a whole bunch of people losing what to them is a lot of money?

This is what has been described in court documents as a $24M crime. "$24M crime" is something most taxpayers would be happy to see the FBI pursuing.

plankton

Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks for the info.  Like you I've already submitted online cases with Austin Police, my local police dept and other online sites you mentioned.   I'll try to figure out what you did in my area and follow up with one-pager.  I assume the one-pager will list requests for pull/fullfillment and non-delivery within SLA. Then link to this site with details?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.