[For news on NWT Mint, see http://about.ag/NWTMint.htm]
[For research on bullion dealers, see http://BullionDealerData.com]

Forum

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4
harley_52

Reply with quote  #46 
Has anybody ever had the metal they purchased from BD tested for purity?  Did we get what we thought we were buying?
nobody

Reply with quote  #47 
I had the first philharmonic I bought from them verified by an LCS without issue, and the last few pieces I've bought have either been in assay that appears normal or appear similar to similarly minted products I've acquired from other vendors.

I will not assert it all to be good and pure - but at this time I've no reason to believe the products were anything but the real deal -- simply that they didn't have as many as they kept telling customers.

harley_52

Reply with quote  #48 
Well, at least that's a plus....
jkline

Reply with quote  #49 
I have no reason to suspect that BD was selling fake gold.   I remember on the forums that sometimes a modern clad coin would be amongst the silver.

JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #50 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkline
I have no reason to suspect that BD was selling fake gold.   I remember on the forums that sometimes a modern clad coin would be amongst the silver.

Selling fake metal would have had him out of business immediately.

Imagine if one buyer from Bullion Direct got fake gold, and made a big stink of it (like the guy who couldn't get a 10oz silver bar from Provident Metals)? A few other people check, and theirs is fake too. At that point, it would be all over the forums, and everybody would be withdrawing their gold.

So I also doubt that they were selling fake gold. Sorry, let me be more precise: I doubt that they were delivering fake gold.

Khachir7

Reply with quote  #51 
JG,

I very much appreciate your staying on top of the situation. Sorry if I am missing something... Is there anything that we can do right now that will add value to the case? Like contact anyone? Thanks!
JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #52 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khachir7
Is there anything that we can do right now that will add value to the case? Like contact anyone? Thanks!

Not that I am aware of -- but if I think of something, I will be sure to post about it.

"In God We Trust"

Reply with quote  #53 
First off I want to thank JG for keeping up with this forum and all the other members who have contributed important information. Been reading these forums for two weeks hoping for some good news. It seems the only hope is that this case goes from a bankruptcy case to a fraud case so CM can't hide behind bankruptcy protection. Authorities need to go after everything he owns and stolen until customers property is returned and justice is done. My question is what can we do now to get organised so we have representation at upcoming trials? I hate to admit I had around $100,000 in stored bullion most of it in the Legacy Storage. Around 2010 I had done cash draws, sold bullion on the exchange with no problems so I began to trust BD. At least I'm listed in the disputed creditors list for what ever that is worth. Hoping for the best for everyone involved.
JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #54 
Quote:
Originally Posted by "In God We Trust"
My question is what can we do now to get organised so we have representation at upcoming trials?

As far as I know, if there are any criminal proceedings, customers would not normally be involved (except the the extent that reports are filed).

As far as the bankruptcy is concerned, there is the creditors' meeting on August 25, 2015 at 1:00PM in Austin. I'm guessing that at least a few creditors will be there, and a few attorneys. Attendance is not required by creditors.

For representation, I think that is normally handled by the unsecured creditors committee, which should be formed shortly (the U.S. Trustee handles forming it; usually the 7 largest creditors willing to serve are on it).

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.