[For news on NWT Mint, see http://about.ag/NWTMint.htm]
[For research on bullion dealers, see http://BullionDealerData.com]

Forum

Author   Comment  
plankton

Reply with quote  #1 
I read a previous poster that they mailed certified with delivery confirmation a 'Demand letter' demanding fulfillment of their cash draw, product draw, etc.  I also believe this is a good idea to have on record a letter in addition to any transaction confirmation numbers for said draws.

Question is.  Where to send the certified letter?

I just saw from my product draw request that some of my undelivered product is from 'BD' and some from 'BD-Legacy Storage Program'.  Do they mean Texas and Delaware?

If anyone has successfully sent and got delivery confirmation to BD or the new company in Delaware please pass along what address you used.

Thanks

PS No, I didn't have all my eggs in BD storage and just had a few bars.  But, kicking myself for leaving those at BD just to save on some shipping expense/time if/when I wanted to sell. Plus as a long time customer they were not charging my holding fee so was win/win for a while! LOL
JG

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by plankton
I read a previous poster that they mailed certified with delivery confirmation a 'Demand letter' demanding fulfillment of their cash draw, product draw, etc.  I also believe this is a good idea to have on record a letter in addition to any transaction confirmation numbers for said draws.

Question is.  Where to send the certified letter?

I just saw from my product draw request that some of my undelivered product is from 'BD' and some from 'BD-Legacy Storage Program'.  Do they mean Texas and Delaware?

If anyone has successfully sent and got delivery confirmation to BD or the new company in Delaware please pass along what address you used.

I recommend checking out http://about.ag/pics/bk/bd/4.pdf, a document filed by the court intended for creditors.  I am not a lawyer, but I believe that the law does not allow people to send demand letters to companies in Chapter 11. You would definitely want to talk to an attorney before doing so.

Someone else noticed the "BD" versus "BD-Legacy Storage Program" as well; it is not clear what that means. The Bullion Direct depository in Austin, TX is now gone (well, leased by a security company). As far as I can tell, Bullion Direct now only uses the IDS depository in Delaware. They do also have (or had) a self storage unit, but I assume are not storing any bullion there.

IDS has been responding to some people, but not others; one actually managed to get back metal they had shipped (but it appears that IDS had passed the information on to Charles McAllister, who authorized the return of the metal, one of the very rare actions that occurred in the month before bankruptcy was filed). I believe with the bankruptcy petition having been filed, Bullion Direct cannot make such authorizations any more (but could be wrong). The one shipment that was returned was one that had apparently not yet been processed by Bullion Direct (as opposed to metal being stored).

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.